CMS announced that it resumed surveys and inspections of all providers and suppliers on August 17, 2020. CMS had previously suspended certain routine inspections as part of its response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic to prioritize infection control and immediate jeopardy situations and to give health care providers and suppliers time needed to respond to the spread of COVID-19. The agency will also temporarily expand the desk reviews (audits) for compliance with Federal requirements. It appears that TPE audits will not be reinstated until October.
- Congress Passes the Suspension of the Sequester Cut Through 2021
- The Administrative Burden and Mental Stress of Audits
- Are You Running Your Private Practice Naked?
- Frequently Asked Questions re: The Supervision of Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Medicare Claims Filing with the 3% Reduction